Friday, May 16, 2008

A safe cubbyhole

I spent hours building forts with our couch cushions when I was a kid and later progressed to rearranging my bedroom furniture in endless variations. I still remember the different set-ups I had made, one time opening one set of closets and moving my bed inside to create a cozy, canopied effect by the windows. My brother, on the other hand, had the same furniture arrangement for almost his entire adolescence!  I must have been really bored.  

Anyway, here are some pics that reminded me of so many good memories back in Michigan. My wonderful friend, melkimx, introduced me to the very cool website, apartmenttherapy, which is where I found these pics. Blogging and reading my friends' blogs has been so rewarding as it is a great way to learn about said friends' interests on a deeper level and to share personal thoughts.

There is something about a loft that pulls at my heart strings though. I had one freshmen year in college, but that was not the most pleasant experience, since I was prone to falling out of it. I do yearn for a ladder...leading up to a bookcase or to my bed!  I'm drooling just looking at it.





And how cute is this below?  It might be a tad claustrophobic, but I like the concept.



Not a huge fan of the two openings, because it confuses me, but it's another variation of the snug, hidden bedroom.  

All images from ApartmentTherapy.

No comments: